Thursday, May 29, 2008

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere by Mike Carey & Glenn Fabry

When I saw that Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere was being turned into a graphic novel, I had to see it for myself, so I hunted it down at Christmas (even though I've just read it cover to cover now, five months later).

It's been years since I've read the book Neverwhere, but I remember it was a very warped Alice Through the Looking Glass. So basically, I don't remember many particulars of the book--just the basic plot (and thinking that I wish I'd read Neverwhere before I read American Gods). But the graphic novel brought a lot of it back and I was very pleased with the results of Carey and Fabry. The story might be hard to follow for people who haven't read the book first; there are many characters to follow and the focus switches frequently.

No comments: