Monday, December 21, 2009

Why I've been so quiet & my kitten on the news

My husband and I have encountered a very eventful holiday month, as I said yesterday. We were driving to my parents' in Ohio when we hit a patch of ice on I-80 in Wyoming and spun our van off the road. We rolled (twice) and at some point our kitten Wavey, who you can see in the Kittling: Books feature Scene of the Blog from last week, was flung from the vehicle.

I suffered a badly sprained ankle and come scalp lacerations. Miraculously enough, my husband seems only to be suffering a major bruise from his shoulder strap.

And when we got back to the scene 40 hours later, Wavey was waiting for us at the skid marks we'd left on the road. (This can probably be credited to the tow truck/recovery team who came to pick up the scene--they found our bag of cat food and spread it around to try to keep her in the area.)

Everyone has been so in love with this story! Since we were able to assure everyone (family, friends and acquaintances) that we were okay, they all became concerned about the kitten, and I was even interviewed by a local newspaper and a local news station.

10 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad your scary story had a happy ending!

Alea said...

Awww. I'm so glad you guys are all ok! I just watched the news clip!

Jen - devourer of books said...

Oh my gosh, I'm glad you are okay! Thank goodness for the tow truck drivers spreading cat food, with you being so far from the home Wavey knows.

Anonymous said...

I came over from Scene of the Blog and watched the news clip. You are a lucky gal and Wavey is amazing. It was very quick thinking of them them to spread the cat food. Glad you are all okay.

Cathy said...

I know you said you were going to be celebrating, but wasn't that going a bit overboard? ;) I'm so glad you're all okay! I wanted to add a bit to your feature, but decided to just keep quiet and let you relate your own adventure.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you and your husband are alright. That tow truck driver is one smart cookie! Thank goodness he was quick thinking and helped you all be reunited. Get well soon :)

SuziQoregon said...

I'm so glad you are OK and that Wavey stuck around. Good for that tow truck driver!!

Marg said...

Glad to hear that you are all okay. Must have been very scary at the time though.

avisannschild said...

Oh my goodness, Jena, I'm so glad to hear you are all OK, including Wavey! Happy New Year!

Zibilee said...

Oh my! I am so glad to hear you are ok and that no-one was seriously hurt, including Wavey! Please take it easy over there and I hope your ankle and cuts heal soon!