Saturday, October 24, 2009

Read-a-Thon Mini Challenge

Jill at Fizzy Thoughts has challenged:


Post a song that reminds you of the read-a-thon, or that you love to read to, or that makes you think of a particular book. You can either embed a video of the song, or post the lyrics.

I typically listen to classical music when I'm settling in for a good, long reading session. Anything else interrupts my focus--'cause I have to sing along if there are lyrics. And lately I'm finding that even classical music can interrupt my reading when I stop to admire the way the composer figured out how to make me feel a certain way with just a few notes.

So I am going to post a song that, every time I hear it, reminds me of Christopher Pike's Scavenger Hunt. I can't say I was crazy about the book, but it's been 15+ years since I read it--I've only read it once--and this song never fails to make me think of all the creepy craziness in that book. I don't even remember what the craziness was exactly. I think it had to do with monsters/dinosaurs. But it doesn't matter, really, because REM's "Losing My Religion" totally makes me think of that book every time I hear it.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Good ole REM! I haven't read the book, but I used to love REM. Not that I don't like them now, but music seemed so important then. I didn't have time to participate as a reader this weekend, but I signed up to cheer and to host a mini challenge (in 15 minutes!). Way to go on all of your reading so far!!

Anonymous said...

i haven't read that book but I'll keep that book in mind and the song too!

Anyways I can't believe you've gone this far--keep it up!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Let's go
Let's go, chip in, it's time to cheer,
It's simple, yell what you hear,
Go Reader Go,
Go Reader Go,
Fire up and scream,
Read
Read Read!

Go Jena!!